Monday, October 12, 2009

31 for 21: Two Years Ago



Two years ago, I was waiting for my baby girl to be born. I had to go to appointment after appointment and the whole process was weighing on me. Plus she was still in the breech position - darn it. This was horrible news. I was preparing myself to get the baby turned - my doctor and I had devised a perfect plan (only to find that Quinn beat us to it and came early). It had been a heck of a journey from 18 weeks to 36 (when she ended up being born). Two years ago I had no idea just how beautiful my girl would be. I had no idea how much she would change me. I had no idea just how much I would love her. Now I do.

This clip I just found this morning. There are so many similarities between our story and this one...



-Karyn

2 comments:

  1. Is today Quinn's actual birthday? I don't want to miss a chance to wish the Fabulous Miss Quinn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that video. Very meaningful. And as this is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, thought I’d share a short video with you -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/barry -- about the aha moment of father of a child with Down Syndrome who learned what you can do with challenges. If you like his story, click to vote for him, as the top vote getters in the contest will be aha moment TV commercials next year. More media exposure around Down Syndrome awareness would be a very good thing, so spread the word if you can.

    Thanks,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete