Wednesday, October 21, 2009

31 for 21: Low Point

I am not doing so well right now. We were progressing towards Quinn's first shot of ACTH - even did the little meeting with the nurse on the procedure. It was going to be at 7 pm yesterday. Then at 6 pm they halted the thing because Quinn developed a cold. They kept us overnight and then sent us home today. We have to go back on Monday. Quinn went through all that on her birthday for nothing. Absolutely nothing. She was put through hell and back and now has to repeat it all next week. We have to go back because we need this, but it all sucks right now. Now all I can do is sit and watch the head drops and think to myself, "man, they seem to have increased." I am angry. Not at the hospital staff, I know they were just doing their job - I am just angry in general. I have this to juggle, along with two other kids and four jobs - yep four jobs and a schedule you wouldn't believe. I am just so angry. Right now anger is better than breaking down. But I do love Quinn and will do what I have to for her.

-Karyn

5 comments:

  1. Sending cyberhugs to you and Quinn. Timing is never right for this stuff. You'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish things were going more smoothly for you and Quinn. We had to postpone Lucy's heart surgery **after pre-op** because of a cold. I was devastated. The toll a delay like this takes on your emotions is terrible. Sending positive vibes that things get rolling along soon! {hugs} ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is tough to handle. The waiting and the prep is so hard and then to have it canceled at the last minute... how frustrating. I will say a prayer for Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be angry too. This just sucks! Sending a big hug to you and Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm angry right along with ya.
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete