Monday, October 19, 2009

31 for 21: The Day is Here

Here it is, the day we meet with the neurologist. Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, commented, private messaged, hugged, etc. Neal and I have our list of questions prepared, and I am getting ready for a very long day. We have my mom as back-up to pick up the boys from school if we need her to. I went to the doctor yesterday for myself and got my own medication for my toe in case it flares up more. I think I covered everything.

I lost it a few times yesterday, especially in church. Not sure why there, but I sure lost it. Oh well you have to do that every once in a while. It was a release.

I want to go back to my absolute favorite song today. It always comforts me. And I need comforting today. This song is Phil Davidson's Georgia's Smile. I love love love it. The part that always speaks to me is...

You think you’ve got this all worked out until something knocks you off your feet.
You’ll find yourself all adrift where these two currents meet.
And you think you’ve been cursed.
And you ask the big questions why.
But I think I’ve been blessed, Georgia when you smile.

This couldn't be more true right now - I thought I had it all worked out with DS and now something (IS) is knocking me off my feet. But we will get through this.

Enjoy the song. Please think about and pray for Quinn today. Thanks.



-Karyn

2 comments: