Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Neal

I know I don't write as much about Neal on my blog, but today I want to share something about him given that it is Father's Day.

Neal,

Thank you for everything you do for our family. You are a great father. The kids are truly blessed because you are so involved in their lives. Each time I see the boys playing baseball or soccer with you in the backyard I know that they will forever cherish these memories. I always remember the times when I did something like make a snowman with my father, but these moments were few and far between because of the limited time he had to spend with me. It is great to know that for our children, things are different - they get their father in their lives on a more regular basis. Thank you for doing a job that I know that I would have great difficulty with - being a stay-at-home parent and doing all the things necessary to run the household.

I also know that Quinn is truly blessed to have you. You do so much for her and all her progress, her health, and the smile on her face are all because of you. I know you sometimes get discouraged like you should do more therapy exercises with her or because her motor skills aren't progressing as fast as you would like, but just remind yourself that this little girl is truly lucky to have a daddy like you. You will forever have a bond with your daughter unlike many other fathers and daughters. She loves you more than you know. You are the center of her world.

I hope you have a great Father's Day. Thank you again for all you do for us.

Love,

Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment