Sunday, November 29, 2009

Girly Update




Quinn is getting better with her mood, but today was a rough day. We think she was actually constipated and was very angry most of the day until she did the deed, so to speak. Then Neal did the poop test that we have to do (to see if there was blood in her stool), and it came back positive. She will be seeing the pediatrician tomorrow anyway, so the neurologist on call said just wait until then to get it sorted out.

She started smiling more this weekend. If I say "I love you" in a wacky way, she just starts smiling and cracking up. It is a miracle to see. She also loves it when we sing to her and that brings smiles (except when in a foul mood because of constipation). I also noticed something, if you touch her and she doesn't want to be touched, she takes your hands and move them back to you. It is kind of cool to see because it is showing her attitude. It is hard to think of her as a two-year-old because she isn't doing two-year-old things, but here it shows she has the spunky attitude of a two-year-old.

Hopefully things go well tomorrow and there are no additional concerns with her poop. What great things to update you on, but at least I had pictures of Quinn in her pig tails.

-Karyn

4 comments:

  1. Love the piggies. I have hair envy.
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn is, as usual, adorable! I hope to meet you in person some day and give that girl a hug (if she's in the mood, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karyn,
    I happened upon your blog as I was surfing and I think we exchanged emails a while back. I am friends with Stephanie and I have a son Max who has DS (he's 3). Also, he had Infantile Spasms and took ACTH. If you want to chat some more you can email me at sabhalter@hotmail.com. By the way, Max is doing great now! Good luck with everything - she's beautiful! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the piggies! Glad things seem to be improving.

    ReplyDelete