Thursday, May 13, 2010

If You Know About Seizures, PLEASE Read

If you know about seizures, please read this in case you can answer my question...please leave a comment if you have any insight into this. I am in desperate need of information...

Quinn was dx with Infantile Spasms (IS) last year and had tx with ACTH (finished up around Christmas). Things were going well. In the last few days she has started to do something strange. It started just once a day (we noticed it on Mother's Day) and then today she did it three times in a 15 minute period. She turns her head and her eye turns and she seems dazed and stuck there for a bit. Then she is back to normal. She will be going to the doctor tomorrow, but does anyone know anything about this? Can this be another seizure disorder related to IS?

I just don't know what I will do if it is something serious again.

Thanks.

-Karyn

3 comments:

  1. I sent this to the only seizure mom/expert that I know at larkinsplace.com
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a seizure expert, my son has every kind of seizure imaginable! And their still not under control. email me privately at laceyrugg@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds suspicious. I would definitely demand an EEG as soon as possible...even if it is only a short one. Though, I hope it is not seizure-related. You and Quinn will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete