Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm Positive About 2010


The past week I have thought a lot about negativity - how it can surround us, consume us, overtake us, and ultimately destroy us if we let it. This negativity can originate from our own negative thoughts within ourselves and/or amongst the negativity of some people we may know and associate with. I have a lot of things I would like to work on this year, but they all seem to fall within this area - the need to surround myself with more positive. Positive radiating from myself and the others I choose to have in my life. This is not only for myself, but for my children - they need more positive in their lives too since our world can be overly critical. So I am on the lookout for positive people to discuss and sharing positive thoughts - this doesn't mean that I won't complain (eliminating that may be difficulty depending upon the circumstances). But I am going to be more positive in 2010. Won't you join me?

-Karyn

1 comment:

  1. This is Joyce. I will absolutely join you as that is my goal as well for 2010. I actually started working on this a few months ago. The first thing I did was stop watching the news on TV. It is so depressing. My attitude changed almost overnight. Then I started eliminating the really negative people around me, didn't even matter if they were family. Then my husband took notice and he made some changes of people around him. About three weeks into it, he said one night, "Is it just me or has life really been pleasant lately?" On New Years when one of them called and started to launch into old stuff, I stopped them mid sentence and said, "You know what, I am just not interested in this conversation". And changed the subject. It was empowering:) So here is a toast to a Positive 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete