Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bye

This week has been a hectic one of changes, hence the absence of postings. It is my last official week at an adjunct teaching part-time job I have had since Aidan was a itty bitty baby. Time flies - he is five now! Looking back on things, I know this job has really helped me in a lot of ways - it brought me back to my passion for teaching (I used to play teacher as a kid), it helped my daily work with my own clients because I was constantly reminding myself about important topics in the field, and it helped my family out through some difficult financial times when Neal was laid off. In addition, having this job gave me the experience to go for other adjunct teaching jobs which are more prestigious, so I guess one could look at it as a stepping stone. I am generally a loyal person (I have been at my full-time job since 1997 and have no interest in leaving), but with this part-time job I am leaving, it is time for a change. I am still trying to figure that one out, but I have this feeling in my heart that I am totally doing the right thing by saying goodbye. I feel a sense of peace with this decision. It is just time for me to go. I am happy that I have had this experience for all these years and I met some truly wonderful people along the way. I have also experienced some more recent things that made me really think about my profession, my role in it, and what I truly want to be a part of. This isn't necessarily bad - it is probably all for the best - we should examine such things. For all of you reading who may have a clue about the specific place I am talking about and if you have some connection to it or this situation, thank you so much for all you have given me and for your support over the years. Now it is time for me to have some new adventures!

-Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment