Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quinn, Please Let Me Cuddle With You

I get to spend some time with the kids today. Hopefully I get to hold and cuddle Miss Quinn before she rushes off, crawling around the house - that girl is on the move all the time now.

I have been thinking about just how blessed I am to have Quinn. God gave me the most precious gift possible, my Quinny. I didn't believe this when I was pregnant and we received the diagnosis, but I know this now. I know that Quinn is perfect just the way she is. I am blessed to have her as my daughter. I wish that all those with a prenatal diagnosis who are going through a scary time could know that someday your heart will overflow with love for your child.

A couple of days ago I was reading up on the blogs that I follow and I found out that a beautiful little girl, Carly, that I sometimes check in on through the cyber world had passed away. I don't know what were the circumstances, but Carly's family is in my thoughts and prayers, especially her mother because I have followed her blog postings about the love she has for her daughter. When I learned about the lost of Carly, I knew what I had to do. With tears in my eyes, I went upstairs and tried to hold Quinn, who of course only lasted about 30 seconds in my arms before she had to crawl off to her new adventure. But just that 30 seconds was worth so much. Beautiful beautiful Carly with her smile and her mother who loves her taught me so much in the beginning of my journey towards acceptance of my daughter and the thing she happens to have called Down syndrome. God bless you Carly.

I found this video today and it really shows how having a child with DS and just surround you with love. You want this feeling to last forever, but sadly it doesn't. I have to go try to cuddle with Quinn again.



-Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment