Friday, August 13, 2010

Standing by the Window

When I drove up to our house last night after my typical 12 hour workday, I noticed something, or rather somebody standing by our window and looking out over the neighborhood. And this little person was not so little anymore. Miss Quinny was standing there watching the cars and people walk by and, more importantly, waiting for her mother to get the heck back home. If it wasn't for that pesky desire of wanting to avoid an accident, there would have been no way I would have turned away from watching her watching me and standing by the window. I parked the car and then like a stalker walked to the front of my house to watch her some more. I don't know why, but it just warmed my heart so much seeing her stand there watching over her universe.

-Karyn

1 comment: